Payment Methods and Financial Aid
How to Pay your Fees
Acsenda provides a convenient, online/mobile payment option through Flywire. If you are paying from an international bank or credit card, please select the country where the payment will come from to ensure you get the best exchange rate. If you are paying from a Canadian bank or credit card, choose Canada.
For access to the payment portal, please go to the Flywire website, or click on the Make a Payment tab on the left side of your MyASM homepage. In case you need to check for tuition fees or other costs please go to the Tuition and Fees section.
Flywire does not charge any transaction fees, and it does guarantee the best exchange rate. Besides, Flywire also offers 24/7 support in multiple languages to assist you with your transaction.
Applying Online for a Payment Plan
Log in to your MyASM account and click on “REQUEST FORMS” and select Payment Plan Application. To complete the form, refer to the tuition and fee amount owing on your Statement, and enter it on the form and the amount. Afterwards, there is an option to make your payments in seven (7) equal installments that you can agree on.
Additionally, to request a special payment method plan to make your payments on other dates and frequencies click NO and you need to select the dates and amounts that you will pay.
Your Payment Plan application will be reviewed. Lastly, please check your ‘Request Forms’ tab to review the status of your Payment Plan Application.
Students who are in good standing may apply for a payment plan. The payment plan allows them to pay their tuition fees for the Academic term in seven equal installments.
Furthermore, students must apply for a Payment Plan by applying to the Registrar’s Office. Payments need to be pay in accordance with the established schedule Also, it is important to note that there is a $46 fee to set up a payment plan.
Student Loans and Financial Aid
Basic Eligibility Requirements to apply for BC Student Aid:
- Canadian Citizen, a landed immigrant (permanent resident) or have a protected person status
- Registered in a minimum 60% course load program
- Valid Canadian Social Insurance Number (Does not start with 0 or 8)
- Enrolled in an eligible program of study at an eligible post-secondary institution
- Pursuing Full-Time studies as their primary occupation
- Be able to demonstrate financial need
- Make academic progress and achieve satisfactory scholastic standing in each period of post-secondary study.
For additional information and to apply online, visit: https://studentaidbc.ca/
New Medical and Parental Leave
Effective October 1, 2020, students will be able to apply for the new medical and parental leave, a six-month interest-free and payment-free leave for borrowers who need to take a temporary leave from school for medical reasons, including mental health reasons, or following the birth or adoption of a child. In addition, the extension of medical and parental leave can be for up to 18 months.
Students and institution officials may learn more about the medical and parental leave eligibility requirements and download the application form at the Canada Student Loans Programs page. To apply, students must submit their application through the National Student Loans Service Center (NSLSC).
The StudentAid BC 2020/21 Policy Manual has been updated to reflect this change and it is available at: https://studentaidbc.ca/sites/all/files/school-officials/policy_manual.pdf.
International Student Admissions Grant
International students who are on Study Permits and paying international student tuition rates may be eligible for an International Student Admissions Grant.
These grants will be determined and assigned to students at the time of a student’s original admission only.
The grant is applied directly towards the student’s tuition fees each term in installments beginning from the second term of enrolment in courses.
The grant holds no cash value and will be applied until the grant is fully applied, or the student completes the program or no longer attends the school.
Acsenda School of Management recognizes the importance of students having laptop computers. Therefore, to support students in their purchase of a laptop, our institution will provide a Laptop Purchase Tuition Grant of up to $600 (CDN). Also, this will be available to students who started their program with Acsenda in Term 3 – 2020 and after.
The student applying to this program must be registered as a full-time student at Acsenda:
- Taking EAPP090, ENGL103/104, or a minimum of 9 credits
- Students currently studying in other countries can apply for the program once they commence their studies on campus at Acsenda in Canada
- The student must have no outstanding funds owing to the institution.
- Returning students must be in good academic standing.
- Students may apply for the grant during their third term of study.
- The grant will be applied in 1/2’s, beginning the students’ third term and then the fourth.
The Laptop Purchase Tuition Grant will be applied to students’ accounts as a credit toward tuition for future terms. There is no cash value for the grant. In the student’s third term half of the grant is provided and in the student’s fourth term the second half. Additionally, proof of purchase from a recognized retail outlet must be provided.
Computers purchased in other countries prior to arrival in Canada may be eligible provided they were purchased after enrolment with Acsenda and proof of purchase from a recognized retail outlet is provided and students who withdraw will not be eligible for the grant.
Laptops must meet the following requirements:
- Recommended Processor (CPU): Intel I5 and higher or AMD Ryzen 5 Processor and higher
- Minimum Memory: 8GB Memory
- Minimum Storage: 500GB internal mechanical hard drive or at least 256GB internal solid-state drive
- A web camera and microphone
- Wireless network card