Meet Anna Tur,
Acsenda's Student Ombudsperson!
The Student Ombudsperson is an independent person who helps resolve student concerns, complaints, or conflicts with Acsenda School of Management in an impartial, confidential, and informal way to prospective, current, and former students of Acsenda who may be unfamiliar with Acsenda’s processes and policies and believe they may have been treated unfairly.
The Student Ombudsperson receives and investigates student complaints, reports on findings, and helps achieve just and equitable settlements. The Ombudsperson is an advocate for fairness and an agent of change. The Student Ombudsperson reviews and evaluates existing school policy relating to student matters and shall make recommendations where any policies, rules or procedures appear unclear or inequitable to assist the school in revising or developing such policies and procedures. The Student Ombudsperson does not provide legal or psychological counseling, and does not replace the existing services and support systems provided by Acsenda School of Management.
Anna is a graduate of Acsenda’s HRM program and currently works as an HR Assistant for Sprott Shaw College, helping to fulfil the organizations’ staffing needs and requirements. As a student, she was active in student leadership and was the first president of the Acsenda HR Club.
Students are always advised to consult with the existing resources within Acsenda such as Student Services, the Registrar’s Office, and Academic Deans and Directors to resolve any concerns. However, in cases where a student is unable to resolve through our regular support systems, they can be advised to contact the ombudsperson for further information.
Roles of an Ombudsperson include:
- Listening to and discussing Acsenda-specific questions, concerns, and complaints
- Helping evaluate various options to address concerns
- Explaining policies and procedures
- Advising on how to informally resolve problems, as well as formal and administrative options
- Mediating disputes for “win-win” resolutions
- Facilitating communication
- Referring to other Acsenda resources when appropriate
- Investigating concerning trends and making recommendations to the institution