Post-Graduation Work Permit

Work in Canada after you graduate

Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) Eligibility at Acsenda School of Management

Acsenda School of Management Graduates are eligible for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP). This permit allows you to stay in Canada for up to 3-years and work full-time after successfully completing one of the degree programs offered at ASM. We would like to invite you to visit the official information provided by Immigration and Citizenship Canada provided by referring to Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP).

IRCC Website Information

Benefits of a PGWP

Work Full-Time in Canada: Gain invaluable work experience in your field.
Flexible Duration: Valid for up to three years, depending on the length of your program.
No Job Offer Required: Start working as soon as you receive your PGWP.

Work Full-Time in Canada: Gain invaluable work experience in your field.
Flexible Duration: Valid for up to three years, depending on the length of your program.
No Job Offer Required: Start working as soon as you receive your PGWP.

What is the post-graduation work permit?

The PGWP allows graduates from Canadian post-secondary institutions to obtain valuable work experience and remain in Canada to work full-time after completing a program (degree or diploma). The permit’s duration can be up to 3 years, depending on your program length. Please note that Acsenda students are required to successfully complete their degree to be eligible. 

When are you eligible to apply?

In line with the information provided by Immigration and Citizenship Canada, you have up to 180 days to apply after receiving your degree, transcript, or an official letter of completion from the post-secondary institution. Your study permit must be valid during this period.

Key eligibility requirements for Acsenda Graduates:

  • Degree completion at Acsenda
  • Maintaining full-time student status during each semester of your program.
  • Graduating from a public or private post-secondary institution that can award degrees under provincial law.

Please note that some individuals may fall under ‘special cases’ as defined by the Canadian Government and might have exceptions depending on their situation. For more detailed information on eligibility, visit the IRCC Website. In addition, you can call Immigration and Citizenship Canada via 1888.242.2100 at no cost M-F from 8am to 4:00pm.

If you have any further questions or concerns regarding your study permits, PGWP eligibility, or other related matters, we recommend consulting the IRCC website or speaking with your immigration consultant. Please note that Acsenda School of Management (ASM) cannot provide immigration advice.

How to apply to a post-graduation work permit?

1. Verify you have what you need to start the application

If you are going to apply online, you will need:

  • Camera or scanner to upload your documents in a digital form
  • Credit or debit card to pay the fees

2. Check the instructions guide

Read the instruction guide before submitting your application or in case you have any doubts while doing the process.

3. Prepare yourself to answer the online questions

Before submitting any documents for your application, you might need to answer some questions for the website to generate the right application based on your answers.

4. Pay your fees

You will need to pay the fees at the end of your application. You might need to pay both the open work permit holder fee and the work permit fee as stated with the respective prices below.

When you apply remember there are two fees that must be paid:

  • The post-graduation work permit fee is CND $155
  • The open work permit holder fee is CND $100

5. Create an IRCC account

You can register through GCKey which is the simplest way to access the IRCC online services with a username and password or Sign-In Partner which allows you to use your online Canadian banking information to register.

Is important that you apply before your study permit expires and within 90 days after your letter of completion gets available. You will be able to remain in Canada while waiting for the decision on the PGWP. Remember to continue following the requirements and conditions that you are under in your student permit.

In case your study permit expires before you are able to apply to the PGWP, you need to restore your status as a studentapply for a visitor record to stay in Canada longer, or leave Canada and apply for the PGWP outside the country. Remember that you cannot work until your study permit and work permit are approved.

If you want to apply online outside of Canada, remember that you might need additional biometrics, medical exams, and certificates.