As the largest producer of high-mix, low-volume custom precision sheet metal products in Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest, Wesgar has a reputation for delivering an unparalleled service experience to every client.
At Wesgar, we believe our employees are the key component to producing quality products which in turn allows us to offer our customers with complete solutions. An opportunity to join our team has become available and we are currently seeking a Purchaser.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verifies purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to a master list; clarifying unclear items; recommending alternatives.
- Verify available inventory items before placing the order and scheduling delivery.
- Prepare purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtaining approval from requisitioning department.
- Obtain purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders.
- Verify receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
- Authorize payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation.
- Keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents.
- Provide purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends to management team.
- Take part in Inventory counts.
- Work independently in a highly collaborative environment that requires frequent communication with other departments and usually, report to upper-level management.
- Locate new vendors and establish working relationships with them as well as maintain existing vendor and supplier relationships.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
Skill and Qualifications:
- Collaborate with other members of the company, ensuring that purchases arrive in a timely fashion precisely as ordered to keep inventories well stocked.
- Leadership – work closely with other staff members within the company and management
- Communication – work in a collaborative environment that requires coordination with other departments and negotiation with vendors
- Computer skills – keep digital files and ERP system updated and manage purchase orders
- Multi-tasking – manage multiple duties and responsibilities at once
- Organization – maintain purchase order paperwork and digital files, monitor inventory systems, and ensure deliveries
- Detail-oriented – find the best rates for purchased items and maintain inventory levels
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or a related field of study or
- High school diploma + at least 3 years work experience in a purchasing role or within the supply chain.
After completing probation period, we offer benefits: health, dental, MSP, insurances, paid vacation.
Thank you for all resumes that we receive, however we will only contact candidates that have been selected for interview.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com