You will report directly to the Sous Chef and Head Chef. This role cooks and prepares a variety of food products including meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, sauces, stocks, breads and other food products using a variety of equipment and techniques according to kitchen protocol and standards.
- Ensure that meals are prepared in a timely manner in accordance with the hotel kitchen recipes and assembly manuals and charts.
- Prepare and follow a daily prep sheet to indicate levels on hand and amounts required.
- Clean and organize the kitchen at all times. Follow all required checklists, logs and cleaning schedules during and following their shift.
- Assure the proper care and maintenance of all food service equipment; identify equipment needs for food preparation and service.
- Ensure hygiene by maintaining high levels of cleanliness, organization, and sanitation of the kitchen strictly following food safety standards.
- Maintain a positive attitude that promotes teamwork within the hotel.
- Performs other duties as assigned and directed by the Sous Chef and Head Chef.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma
- Level 1 Food safe
- Minimum 1 year in a professional kitchen
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Skills and Abilities:
- Passion for fresh ingredients and producing great food every day.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Customer service skills – able to exceed guest expectations.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must work well within a diverse team environment
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and have a strong initiative.
- A positive and team-oriented attitude.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to work morning, evening and weekend shifts as business dictates
To apply for this job please visit can232.dayforcehcm.com.