Join Elizabeth Bonner, Member Relations Manager for BC Human Resources Management Association on
August 15th at 11:00am
This is an opportunity to hear about and discuss the benefits of joining in BCHRMA’s student activities programs.
For more information call the campus at 604-430-5111.
Get Involved in HR!
At BC HRMA, there are seven regions throughout the province which have an Advisory Council and a Post Secondary Liaison whose role is to develop relationships with the regions’ post-secondary institutions. Through these strong links the student membership flourishes and programs and services are developed to support our future HR professionals.
Student representatives, who are members of BC HRMA, may be appointed to foster the relationships between the institution’s students, faculty, staff and BC HRMA. These roles are typically available at the end of the school year in preparation for the next year. This provides an excellent opportunity for our student members to get involved with their professional association.
Student Events and Programs
BC HRMA undertakes and supports many post-secondary events and programs across BC. These vary from region to region and may include:
– HR Cafés – speak directly with HR professionals about what it is like in their job and how they got there (check out one of the 2012 conversations at #hrcafe)
– Student Roundtables – discuss, connect and learn with professionals
– On-campus HR Clubs – student-lead HR groups
– Case Competitions – BC HRMA supports business competitions such as Excalibur and Jeux du Commerce (JDC) West as well as the teams attending them
– Job Shadowing – join a HR practitioner on the job for a day (limited availability)
For more information on the BC HRMA: http://www.bchrma.org/