Acsenda listed on IRCC DLI list

Acsenda is on the IRCC Designated Learning Institution (DLI list Canada)

We are pleased to advise you that Acsenda School of Management is now included in the designated learning institutions list. We regret the delay in updating the list and apologize for any concerns this may have caused.

This means that Acsenda is once again able to issue Travel Letters or Letter of Acceptance and students that have been approved for a visa application/ Canadian study permit are eligible to come to Canada to continue their studies at our campus.

All students who wish to study in Canada require a Travel Letter, which confirms their enrolment for classes at our campus. Students are also required to prepare and submit a Self-Isolation Plan to Acsenda for review, and then to the Provincial government.

Some of the steps you need to follow are:

  • Please submit a Self-Isolation Plan to Admissions ( to receive a travel Letter from Acsenda School of Management.
  • Once your plan is reviewed, we will issue you the Travel Letter.
  • Once you receive the Travel Letter, please complete the following steps HERE.

Please note, that you should avoid making travel arrangements until the Travel Letter is sent to you. If you have any questions, please contact Admissions directly using the email above. We look forward to seeing you at the Acsenda campus soon.

What is a designated learning institution?

A designated learning institution is a post-secondary institution approved by the Canadian Government to host international students. Every post-secondary institution in Canada should have a DLI number to prove that they are authorized by the government.  To apply for a study permit you need a letter of acceptance from a designated institution. Make sure to check the list on the Canadian Government website.

For more information, please go to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website or check the Designated Learning Institution List on the Canadian Government website.

Why is important that your institution is a DLI?

DLI institutions are the only ones that can host and admit international students.

In case a student is looking for post-secondary studies; it is mandatory for an international student to enroll in an institution that is a DLI. In order to obtain the study permit issued by the government, the school needs to be a DLI. If the school is not a designated learning institution the study permit will be refused.

Another benefit of a school being a DLI is that it most probably is eligible for the post-graduation work permit program (PGWPP). The PGWP is a program that allows students who have graduated from a Canadian post-secondary institution to obtain work experience. It helps students to continue in Canada and work full-time after completing their program. The PGWP has a duration of up to 3 years depending on the length of the program.

If you want more information, please go to the article ‘What is a PGWP’ or ‘Can I get a work permit after studying in a private college in Canada’ on the Acsenda website.

More articles