Feeling stressed or overwhelmed… or both? Acsenda introduces Wellness Room for stressed for students who require a break from day-to-day activities or aren’t feeling well on campus.
Wellness rooms in schools are becoming increasingly popular in today’s society. They can provide a vital break and improve the mental and physical well-being of students. They can do this by allowing one to take some time out and take care of personal health needs.
What is the purpose of a Wellness Room?
Sometimes students can suffer from anxiety or stress from the high amount of study or work. This can lead to mental health issues, poor performance, or even conflicts in their personal or work lives. For that reason, is important to have a space to reflect, take a breath, and rest without being overwhelmed by the daily routine. Some of the benefits that a wellness room can have for students are:
- Provides a calm space where students can relax and recuperate
- Take short naps to recover mentally for the rest of the day
- Avoid environmental noises, visual disturbances, technology, books, etc.
- Regain focus for the following classes or work day
- Private space for personal conversations or matters
- Recover from any physical or mental health pain
How can you request space in the wellness room?
In order to request a space to use the wellness room, a student needs to take the following steps:
- Visit the Front Desk
- Ask for Henny or Isabella
- Make a reservation of the time and date that you want to use it and they will let you know the availability
Please note: the room is for students that want to take a break or do not feel in the best shape. It is not for students who are sick. If you are experiencing flu or cold-like symptoms, please stay at home.
What other resources does Acsenda offer for mental health?
We provide a 24/7 wellness program for students who are struggling with issues pertaining to mental health, anxiety, stress, depression, etc.
Keep Me Safe is a free mental wellness program that Acsenda provides to its students, offering professional counselling services in dozens of different languages. The platform is also designed to help with issues surrounding mental health, work-study balance, stress, depression or anxiety, academic issues, relationship issues and more.
It does also help match with experienced professionals without an appointment needed and from anywhere and anytime. It has counselling services with a dedicated counsellor via phone or video. Confidentiality, multilingual support, and at no additional charges. They have an app called MySSP that can be easily downloaded from the Google play store or the Apple store.
KeepMeSafe is ideal because it helps students with many types of concerns such as:
- Adapting to a new environment, country, school, etc.
- Problems or pressure with family members, friends, or instructors
- Issues of isolation, loneliness, or sadness
- Stress and worry
- Frustration or uncertainty with studies, exams, or post-graduation plans
- The balance between studies and work
- Communication and time management skills
What other apps can students use for their mental health?
There are many resources out there, however, some of the most popular and effective that you can use are:
- Calm (Meditation and sleep app)
- Headspace (Meditation and sleep app)
- Breathwrk (Breathing techniques app)
If you want more information or need help with anything mental health related, please contact us.