Acsenda School of Management celebrates the Class of 2022 and it took place on Saturday, July 16th in the Westside Church in Vancouver, BC. It was a spectacular event attended by 300 graduates, approximately 600 guests and 30 staff and faculty.
This was the ninth conferment ceremony held by Acsenda, overseen by our esteemed president Neil Mort and other faculty and academic council members.
Family and friends observed with prideful smiles and tears of joy, acknowledging the amazing accomplishments of this year’s graduation class.
How was the ceremony?
The ceremony opened with music from Darren Yelton and Gene Harry of the Squamish First Nations, who went on to discuss the meaning of the ceremony from an Indigenous lens, as well as the Acsenda Talking Stick, which was carved by Darren Yelton, himself.
Followed by a welcome from the Associate Director of the General Management concentration, Dr. Catherine Kang, the ceremony proceeded with a formal introduction of the platform party:
Academic Council members on stage:
- Dr. Neil Mort (President of Acsenda School of Management)
- Sir John Daniel (Chancellor)
- Dr. Carolyne Smart (Chair of Academic Council)
- Dr. Chehra Aboukinane (Vice President, Compliance, Program Development & Partnerships)
- Dr. Patricia Plackett (External Academic)
- Mr. Garnet Klatt (Registrar)
- Mr. Eugene Harry and Mr. Darren Yelton (Representatives of the Squamish First Nations)
Staff and Faculty members on stage:
- Ms. Pomponia Martinez (Associate Director of the Human Resources concentration)
- Mr. Louis Blais (Associate Director of the Marketing Management concentration)
- Dr. Catherine Kang (Associate Director of the General Management concentration)
- Dr. Pauric O’Rourke (Faculty member)
- Dr. Guillermo Francisco (Faculty member)
- Mr. Nirmal Vasanth (Faculty member)
- Mr. Brian Rohl (Faculty member)
Sir John Daniel opened the ceremony and the presentation of degrees. President Neil Mort followed by offering his words, and acknowledgements, and concluding with a presentation of the Valedictorian of 2022.
The ceremony continued with the conferring of degrees by Ray Rahimi and academic council members. It ended with a raise of the caps by the graduates and Sir John Daniel’s closing words.
Who is the Valedictorian of the year 2022?
The Valedictorian of the class of 2022 was Karanbir Singh Brar. He was congratulated for his incredible academic achievements, personal growth, and many contributions he made to Acsenda School of Management and its campus life.
Karanbir took a dual concentration in Accounting and Human Resources. He also served as a Lead Student Ambassador and President of the Accounting Club.
Location and Acknowledgments
The Acsenda School of Management campus is situated in the center of the business district in Vancouver, one of the city’s most prestigious buildings. Furthermore, we are located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territories of the people of the Tsleil-Waututh (səlil̓ w̓ətaʔɬ), Squamish (Sḵwx̱wú7mesh Úxwumixw) and Musqueam (xʷməθkʷəy̓əm) Nations.
If you want more information, please go to the Convocation page on the Acsenda website and check out the live stream video. Also, you can check out Acsenda’s Youtube page with other content, including the graduation video, as well.